A “natural” or “free-form” pool provides a much more relaxed and natural look. This is usually accomplished with some combination of the following:
- Gentle curves; non-traditional shapes
- Natural rock, flagstone or “rolled beams” around the perimeter
- Rock or stone pavers, exposed aggregate, scrolled or stamped concrete
- Natural style tile at waterline
- Natural-looking waterfalls, grottos and water slides
A natural or freeform look is further achieved with abundant landscaping near the water’s edge, especially with palms, ferns, and/or extensive ground cover. Darker-colored interior finishes also tend to promote a “natural lagoon” look. A beach entry is another feature that adds a certain casual look to any pool design.
Click on any photo for a larger view, or to view a slideshow.