PBJC Family Giving Program
PBJC Family Giving Program
Pools by John Clarkson recognizes the important role that charitable, nonprofit organizations play in the communities where we live and work. Therefore, we have established PBJC Family as a way to guide the organization’s giving to support good causes and to provide assistance to help improve the lives of employees, their families, and deserving groups within our community.
Establish the PBJC Family giving program that creates a mechanism for Pools by John Clarkson to support the deserving causes that are directly related to our employees, their families, and the local communities we serve.
General Considerations for Giving
Pools by John Clarkson receives many solicitations for contributions, volunteer support, and community sponsorships. The following provides a guideline for how those requests to PBJC Family will be submitted and considered. These guidelines will not cover every possibility, special need or opportunity, and exceptions may be required as needed to address special requests or circumstances.
- The PBJC Family Giving Committee will review requests on a monthly basis to determine which requests will be funded, based on the program guidelines.
- Requests should come primarily from Pools by John Clarkson employees; however, requests by non-profit or other charitable groups outside of our Pools by John Clarkson family may also be considered.
- The amount of funding for requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis, subject to budget limitations.
- Contributions on behalf of an employee may be limited to once per year.
- Selections will be made on a monthly basis. In the absence of a qualified contribution request, PBJC’s Family Giving Committee may allocate a contribution as it sees fit.
- Special consideration may be given to requests from exemplary or longstanding employees and organizations whose goals and objectives are consistent with the Core Values of Pools by John Clarkson.
PBJC Family will consider contributions for:
- Athletic teams or events
- Extracurricular or school-sponsored clubs
- Sponsorship of trade related and charitable events
- Non-profit/charitable organizations with 503(c)(3) status
- Education-related events*
PBJC Family will not consider requests for:
- Campus student organizations, fraternities, sororities, honor societies
- Political/partisan endorsements
- Individuals seeking funds, work, or other contributions for personal endeavors
- Merchandise promotions (school candy/wrapping paper/etc. sales)
Types of contributions we may make:
- Monetary contributions
- Time, labor, or manpower contributions
- Other resources (promotional items, seminars, fundraisers, etc.)
PAYMENTS WILL BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE BENEFITTING GROUP OR ORGANIZATION. DIRECT PAYMENTS WILL NOT BE MADE TO AN EMPLOYEE OR CUSTOMER, INCLUDING AS A REIMBURSEMENT. RECEIPTS MUST BE PROVIDED FOR ALL GIVING CONTRIBUTIONS.
Submitting a Request to PBJC Family
All requests must be made at least 45–days in advance of the deadline for contribution. The PBJC Family Giving Committee will review all requests on a monthly basis, and will respond to all requests whether they are approved or denied.
To submit a request to PBJC Family, please fill out our Giving Request Form.
PBJC Family Giving in Action
Pools by John Clarkson helped sponsor a New Aquatic Center for Camp Barnabas. You may learn more about the camp and how the aquatic center is used here:
If you would like to join us in donating to this wonderful organization, you may do so here:
*PBJC Family does not contribute to individual education or scholarships, however as a Pools by John Clarkson employee or family member, you may be eligible for scholarships offered through the Florida Swimming Pool Association or United Aqua Group.