Anything's Possible With A Custom Concrete Pool
We build Freeform/natural swimming pools and linear/geometric style swimming pools in both the “traditional” style as well as the stunning “vanishing edge” and/or "perimeter overflow" style. To make things a little easier for you, we’ve separated the linear pools from the freeform pools. (You can click on any photo for a much larger view. For an automatic "slide show" of the photos, just click the triangle-shaped "play" button that shows up when you expand the photo.)
For even more photos and ideas, get our free "Pool Ideas" CD-ROM.
LINEAR / GEOMETRIC POOLS: Bringing Elegance and Innovation to Your Backyard
A "linear" or "geometric" pool tends to produce a neat, clean look. This is usually accomplished with some combination of the following design styles and features:
- Clean, straight lines
- A basic or combination of geometric shapes (rectangles, squares, etc.)
- Concrete Brick Paver, Travertine Paver or Tile Decking
- Bull-nose Paver, Bull-nose Travertine, or Tumbled edge travertine Coping on the edge of the pool
- Clean, simple, classic water features, such as deck jets, scuppers or wok style water falls
- Ceramic, Glass or Mosiac tiles at the waterline
A "Zero Edge" or “Perimeter Overflow” design will also tend to add a formal, sophisticated look to any pool design. (A "zero edge" occurs when the pool water and the deck are at the same height, with a nearly invisible overflow slot to catch any spillover.) A lighter pool interior will tend to give any swimming pool a more traditional look, where as a darker pool interior can lean towards a more contemporary look. A formal/traditional pool will tend to look more appropriate if your landscaping choices stay with a relatively clean and formal style.
FREE-FORM/NATURAL POOLS: Creating “The Natural Look”
A “natural” or “free-form” pool provides a much more relaxed and natural look. This is usually accomplished with some combination of the following:
- Smooth flowing curves and natural shapes
- Concrete Brick Paver, Travertine Paver or Flagstone/natural stone deck
- Use of natural (or natural looking) boulders and rocks
- Natural-looking waterfalls, grottos, water slides and other features
- Natural Style Tiles at waterline
A natural or freeform look is further achieved with abundant landscaping near the water's edge, especially with palms, ferns, and/or extensive ground cover. Darker-colored interior finishes also tend to promote a "natural lagoon" look. A beach entry is another feature that adds a certain casual look to any pool design.