About Pools By John Clarkson
Pools by John Clarkson, also known as PBJC, is a family-owned operation, serving North Florida for three generations. PBJC is a member of Aquatech, an exclusive society of top notch pool builders. There are only seven Aquatech builders in Florida, and less than 200 in the world.
Grandpa Clarkson first started building pools in North Florida in 1957. His son John Clarkson worked with him throughout the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s as did most of the other major pool builders in this area.
In 1989 John founded Pools By John Clarkson, and with his son Jordan Clarkson they’ve served well over a thousand happy home owners.
PBJC has been recognized as a “Top 50 Pool Builder” by Pool and Spa News. And while PBJC may be larger than most of the other Northern Florida pool builders, they've never lost that distinctive "family atmosphere."
Meet the Team
John Clarkson, President
Jordan Clarkson, Vice President
Joel Hartman, Sales Manager & Designer
Terry Tate, Construction Superintendent
Judson Clarkson, Sales Consultant & Designer
Jeff Hocker, Service Manager
Mark Gardner, Retired: PBJC Legend
Kaylee Werling , Designer & Selection Assistant
Debbi Werling , Reception / Admin Assistant
Kyle Kempton , Sales Consultant & Designer
Brandon Upton, Schedule Coordinator
Vanessa Greene, Customer Service
Wrigley Clarkson, Team Mascot
Jack Murphy Clarkson, Associate Mascot
United Aqua Group
PBJC is An Aquatech Builder and proud member of United Aqua Group - a collaboration of pool builders from across the country and the world who work together to share their knowledge and talents for common good.
The exclusive United Aqua Group will accept no pool builder other than those that meet their strict standards for quality construction, business ethics, and impeccable reputations. Less than 1% of all pool builders in America have been approved to join the ranks of Aquatech builders .
PBJC continues to play an active role in this organization. During the annual convention in January of 2008, John Clarkson was elected to Aquatech's Board of Directors. In addition, Jordan Clarkson has served on the Management Action Committee since 2005, as a volunteer to help the Board of Directors and Corporate Staff.
If you've ever visited our facilities in Jacksonville, then you have most certainly met our beloved chocolate Labrador mascot, Wrigley, and his brother, Jack Murphy.
Wrigley is actually now a famous TV celebrity. He was the star of a recent edition of "Animal Attraction" on PBS.
You may click here to see Wrigley on TV, if you're so inclined.
FSPA (The Florida Swimming Pool Association)
The Florida Swimming Pool Association serves as the coordinating organization for swimming pool builders and other pool industry professionals who have committed to abide by the FSPA membership code of ethics.
In addition, the FSPA provides government relations representation on behalf of its members to the Florida Building Commission and the Construction Industry Licensing Board as well as other legislative bodies that regulate the swimming pool industry in Florida (such as the Department of Health).
The Association provides educational courses for industry professionals, produces an annual industry trade show, and acts as the consumer resource for finding reliable professionals in the swimming pool industry.
FSPA Membership Code of Ethics
Believing that honesty and integrity, high ideals and concern for the welfare of the pool industry and the public we serve are both desirable and necessary, and in a sincere effort to promote the mission of the Association, members of the FSPA pledge themselves to:
- Keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- Comply with the spirit and letter of business contracts, existing laws and codes, and manage employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- Provide fair and expeditious response to claims covered under warranty.
- Work for the benefit of the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- Keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information which may affect our business interests and those of the pool industry as a whole by attending the minimum number of association meetings as prescribed by my local Chapter.
- Promote the concepts of free enterprise and service to the public and the industry.
- Make all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, use only competent testimonials, avoid those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer, and refrain from false or misleading criticism of competitors.
- Support and abide by the decisions of the Association in promoting and enforcing the Code of Ethics and cooperate with any investigation related to such enforcement.
More information at: floridapoolpro.com.
International Awards of Excellence
The competition is open only to APSP member builders, designers, and service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms from all over the world.
NSPI Hall of Fame
Top 50 Builders
Each year the Pool & Spa News magazine researches all the major pool and spa builders in North America based on criteria such as longevity, customer satisfaction, quality ratings, awards, etc. and compiles a list of the Top 50 Builders in the pool and spa industry. We are privileged and proud to be on this list of the Top 50 Builders.